Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Monday from A-Rod!


I've heard from numerous people that Gawker.com is basically a gossip mill for Manhattan that makes for good reading if you're up on your Page Six info, which most of the time I'm not. Whenever I read Page Six most of the names they mention are along the lines of "Peaches Geldof's restauranteur boy toy Winnebago Maximillian" or "Sarah Jessica Parker's Dietician/cat walker Aimeee Vanderschmidt-Bankhead", and they're donating money to the Kabbalah Centre or getting "mushroom cleansed" at some spa. Anyway, I have a very surface level knowledge of celebrities (John Mayer! Kim Kardashian! Soleil Moon-Frye!), so I didn't think I was going to get much out of the site. But its actually pretty funny! Lots of news based articles ("news" used loosely) mixed in with celebrity sightings (try out the Gawker Stalker), trends, and of course gossip.

One the best articles I found was "Six Things to do if you Hate New York Besides Anthrax Mailings". All of them very true, and I will share anything that perpetuates the story that A-Rod has a life size painting of him as a centaur in his apartment. It gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling, one that I know helps start the week off right.

No comments:

Post a Comment