Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I always thought Andrew Jackson was the hottest President on a bill....



Last week I saw the amazing cast of "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson" at the Public Theatre, and I've been annoying my friends ever since with how much I LOVED IT. It's the story of Andrew Jackson's childhood and rise to presidency, which in itself sounds AWESOME (not really). However, it's done like a pop-emo-rock opera, and it is fantastic and funny as hell. Don't believe me and my high-brow taste in art? (Britney Spears, animals talking,the UPN smash hit Girlfriends?) Read the NYT review then, asshole. Great new musical score, amazing cast and a great band to back it up. Go see it! Weekday tix are usually around $50, and can be purchased on the Public Theatre's website.

And if all that doesn't make you want to go see it, go for Benjamin Walker, who plays Andrew Jackson.



Sweet Mother of Pearl, he is hot. And very talented. And about to marry Meryl Streep's daughter. Womp womp.

No comments:

Post a Comment